Wednesday, May 23, 2012

24 weeks

Today was a big day!  Not only did I deliver my first babies, but we also had our 24 week appointment.

In terms of the appointment, Dr. Johnson says baby boy is doing wonderful!  His heart rate is in the 140s and uterine measurements were right where they should be!  Way to go baby!  The only unfortunate part of this appointment is that I found out I have gained 10 lbs in the last month!  In not gonna lie, I panicked a little bit when I found that out.  Apparently it is not a problem since I only gained 4 lbs in the first 5 months of the pregnancy.... but still, makes me a bit nervous.  Looks like I will be trying to cut out the junk food more.  No more cheetos for this girl (quite sad about this, as I have quite enjoyed these as an afternoon snack over the past week or so).  Anyway, glad to hear baby is growing well and things are right on track.

In terms of life outside of baby brain, I am on my first week on by obstetrics and gynecology rotation.  Today I delivered my first baby, twins actually, by C-section.  It was incredible!  I actually considered crying for a second, before I regained composure and realized that was off-limits, or they would for sure see that the pregnancy hormones were getting to me.  I now realize why ob-gyn's love their jobs.  Bringing life into this world is miraculous, and being a part of it was a huge honor! I can't wait for the day we bring our own little miracle into the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment