Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Road Trip to Sioux Falls, SD 11/6 - 11/7/2012

Even though we just got back from Adam's first trip to Chicago, it was on to his next journey.... a road trip to Sioux Falls, SD.  I was scheduled for an interview with the Sanford pediatric residency program, so my mom agreed to drive with us down to SD for the night.  We left 11/6/2012 around noon.  The car ride went very well.  Adam got up to eat about half-way there, but otherwise slept the entire trip!  Mom and I enjoyed sight-seeing our way to Sioux Falls, as I had never been there before and there were many small shops along the way.  We arrived at the hotel around 5PM and got settled in.  I had a dinner reservation with some of the other applicants and two of the residents from Minnesota, so I did not get to stay for long.  Once Adam and mom were settled in, I headed down for dinner.  It was nice to meet some of the ladies and hear a little more about their brand new residency program.  When I got back to the hotel room, it was time to hear more about the election, as this happened to be the night President Obama was re-elected.  Adam and I cuddled a little before heading to bed.  Since Adam had his bassinet along for the trip, he slept much better than he did in the port-a-crib in Chicago.  This was helpful, since I had to be up early to go to my interview!  Interview day went well and then it was back in the car to head home!  It was nice that the drive is only 4 hours.  This time Adam slept the entire ride!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment