Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Difference In Personality

Dear baby,

As I am sure you will find out one day, Derek and I are very different at dealing with emotions.  I am the person who screams and cries with excitement, and wears my emotions on my sleeve.  Derek is the complete opposite.  He needs time to process his excitement and never shows how excited he is right away but then does something sweet to let you know how he feels.    The events of yesterday were no exception to this difference in emotions.  Getting to see the ultrasound and listen to the heartbeat put a smile on my face for the entire day and made me want to cry.  Derek was quiet, definitely in thinking mode.  Of course, I knew he was excited too, as he called his mom right away to tell her that everything was going well.  But it was not really until today that it finally came out that he was just as excited as I am.  Derek announced to all of his coworkers that we are pregnant.  Here is his message.....

So this is how you know when Derek is excited about this.  This was his way of showing his excitement, and I am very glad to see it.  Maybe someday after you are born, Derek will wear his heart on his sleeve a bit more, but maybe not.  Either way, it doesn't really matter.  It always shows in the ways he does little things that he cares for me and you, baby!  I am sure lucky to have him as a husband and you will be very lucky to have him as your dad.  I know he adores you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment