Thursday, February 16, 2012

Heck of a few weeks

The last several weeks has been quite a whirlwind.  Derek and I both got sick over the past several weeks, so much of our time has been spent sleeping and sitting on the sofa watching movies.  While this has been nice in terms of catching up on the movies I haven't seen and the TV shows I don't get a chance to watch, it also means that not a lot has gotten done in terms of our projects that need to be finished.  So of course our wallpaper is all down and we are almost ready to paint.... hopefully that will get done this weekend!?

As a side note, it has been one heck of a week for me.  I felt a little "off" this weekend with a bit of a sore throat that I thought was probably just from working in the Peds clinic last week.  Unfortunately, I was wrong.  I started off Monday with a trip to Bloomington to visit with Krissy for a while.  While the visit was awesome, the speeding ticket on the way there was not super awesome!  I spent the rest of the day at home feeling worse by the hour.  By the time I was ready for bed, I thought I was going to die.... my head was pounding, my throat hurt something terrible, and I was nauseated.  Of course, it didn't help that I could only take Tylenol to feel better. :-(   Luckily, Derek took really good care of me all day Tuesday and brought soup home for lunch.  By that night I felt a little better and have been slowly getting better since then.  Luckily I have a light work week so this sickness has come at the right time.   Hopefully things will be back on track this weekend.

With all of this going on, it is hard to believe that we are already almost finished with the 1st trimester.  I still have not had morning sickness, so I don't think there is much to worry about now.  We have an appointment next Wednesday to see how things are going and hear the heartbeat.  I can't wait!  Since I am not showing much or feeling sick, it is sometimes hard to believe I am pregnant!  I am sure that will all be changing soon, but I am glad things are going well so far.   As another side note, grandma Johnson posted  one of our pictures on Facebook last week, so now it is officially public information!   Off to study and maybe get some more sleep! :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment