Sunday, January 8, 2012

A little freaked out


1/8/2012

Well, things have been going well the past week with really minimal morning (or all day) sickness and just a little bit of cramping throughout the day.  I was really excited about all of this until Saturday afternoon.  I had gone into work early in the morning for surgery and got done around 11AM so I headed home to meet up with Derek.  We have been working on the house to get it ready for you to come, so we decided to go to Home Depot and pick out the new light fixture for the hallway so we could hang it this weekend.  When I went to the bathroom, I noticed that I was bleeding.  I was immediately terrified that something was wrong.  I told Derek and we left the store and went straight home.  My worst fear was that something was wrong or that I was having a miscarriage.  I called your Grandma Kelley and asked her what she thought and if I should go in to the doctor or not.  She informed me that it is really common to have a little bleeding in the first trimester, which I knew from medical school.  She suggested that I put my feet up and keep on the lookout for any other changes such as really bad cramping or increased bleeding.  So I laid on the couch for the rest of the afternoon and watched Derek play spiderman (...a PS3 game that I am sure you will have played by age 3...) and rested.  I felt a little afraid to do anything strenuous and of course cried a little because I was so nervous that something was wrong.

Well it is Sunday night now and so far, no more bleeding or cramping, so I am hoping that all is well with your tiny little body in there.  I read today that you are about the size of a strawberry and that your face and arms and legs are developed.  This next week your fingers and toes will be developing.  In never ceases to amaze me at the incredible working of pregnancy and the perfection that is creating in such a tiny little being like you.  I get more and more excited with every week that passes, and also a little nervous.

On another note, we are planning to tell your aunts and uncles in 2 weeks, so by then I will be 9 weeks pregnant.  Usually they encourage women to not tell their families until they are 12 weeks because the first trimester is the time when most miscarriages can happen.  I am not sure we can wait that long, seeing as how I am already starting to show a bit and your Aunt Tracy has been thinking I might be pregnant already (since of course I am not drinking any alcohol)!  She will be home in a little over and week and I can't wait to tell them all!  I am sure they will be just as excited to meet you as we are.

Well, I am going to keep praying for God to take care of you and bring you into this world safe and healthy.  I will do my part to make sure that I am eating well and getting lots of sleep. 

I love you already,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment