Monday, January 2, 2012

We Are Pregnant


1/2/2012
Dear Baby,
Last week we found out we were pregnant with you!  Your dad and I had come home from long days at work and were heading to bed.  I was 2 weeks late, but had taken a pregnancy test the week before that was negative, so I thought.... well, I am just going to check again.   I must have had a funny feeling that you were going to be coming! :-)  So I took the test and there it was..... 2 pink lines.... pregnant!  I can't even tell you the joy and excitement I felt in that moment.  I walked out to your dad (laying in bed) and he looked right at me and said, "It's positive isn't it?"  What a blessing!  There was so much excitement and nervousness all at the same time.  With your dad working a lot and me being on rotations in medical school, it seemed like there would be lots of things we would have to figure out to make this work.... but of course we knew it would be well worth it in a few months!  
We were a little nervous about telling everyone because at this point I am only 6 weeks pregnant with you.  Unfortunately, there is never a guarantee at this point that you will make it okay.  I have to be very careful and take really good care of my body so that you will grow and develop correctly.  But, none-the-less, your dad and I are not very good at keeping secrets like this when we are excited, so we figured we better tell your grandparents!
Last night, we invited your grandparents (and Michael) over for soup dinner.  We sat everyone down and had dinner and then gave each grandparent a little bag and told them that it was a gift for New Year's Day!  In each bag was a little teddy bear with a sign that said, "You're going to be grandparents"  "Baby Johnson  Due: August 2012".  They opened them up and screamed with excitement.  It was so wonderful to see our family as excited about you coming as we are.  And also, it was a relief to be able to tell them so that we could share the joy with someone instead of keeping you a secret.  Of course, we immediately started thinking about all of the great things we were looking forward to. They can't wait to meed you!  We caught it all on tape so someday you will be able to see the reaction of everyone hearing that you are on the way.
Well, its late now and I need to get good rest so you keep growing and stay healthy.  We love you so much already and can't wait to meet you!  


Mom





No comments:

Post a Comment